Try these five easy plants in your home or outside in the garden. Even if you have a black thumb, you can still succeed with peace lily flowers, jade plants, English ivy, lucky bamboo and poppy flowers.
1. Peace Lily Flower (Spathiphyllum floribundum). Peace lily flowers are usually kept in indoor gardens, but if you have a dark balcony garden that doesn’t get direct light and you live in a warm area, you can keep peace lilies in your balcony container garden. The peace lily flower has large shiny, dark green leaves and large white flowers that can last for weeks or months. To keep your peace lily plant blooming with large, healthy-looking flowers, remove any flower and its stalk once the flower is past its prime. Regular applications of fertilizer will ensure that your peace lily flower blooms. Read More>>
2. Jade Plant (Crassula ovata). Native to South Africa, this succulent with small pink or white flowers can be trimmed to stay very small and look like a small tree. It is a popular houseplant and can also do well on balcony gardens. It does best in partial shade and cannot stand extreme heat or overwatering.
3. English Ivy (Hedera helix). You’ve undoubtedly seen the fast-growing invasive English ivy as ground cover in landscaping, and it is easy to grow in any balcony garden. It is almost impossible to kill this versatile container plant. It can be trained to grow up a trellis or in a hanging plant container. If grown in an indoor garden, English ivy cleans the air of formaldehyde, benzene and carbon monoxide. Read More>>
4. Lucky Bamboo (Dracaena sanderiana). The lucky bamboo plant is an integral part of Feng Shui and is said to bring fortune and good luck. They do well in just about any garden space, whether it is light or shady, in potting soil or in pure water. Lucky bamboo comes in many different shapes, often twisted and braided into different shapes, but the cheapest and most common lucky bamboo is the straight stalk with a few leaves. Read More>>
5. Poppy Flower (species in the Papaveraceae family). This plant, which is the state flower of California, is easy to grow. If you have full sun (but not intense sun and head during midday) and well-draining soil, you can grow poppy flowers on your balcony garden. They come in many sizes and colors, and deadheading spent blooms will keep your poppy flowers looking great.
SEE FIVE MORE EASY PLANTS>>